Last night, a few hours late for a perfect start aligned with the new year, I finally fixed my data gathering scripts that were broken due to AVM rearranging things destructively in minor releases.
Since I only check my graphs in case of issues, I didn’t realized until recently that AVM did break this as well. I could have guessed, as AVM broke WiFi compatibility to previous firmwares with 5.50 as well, but, well, I frankly didn’t check. It was supposed to be a minor upgrade (x.22 to x.50) …It took me some time, much more than anticipated, but in the end I was able gather some knowledge about the changes introduced by AVM.
Basically, AVM changed: (1) the login procedure, it uses new URLs and in general stuff is not addressed via webcm-related links anymore (see this IPPF post and/or this blog post for details); (2) query.txt does not exist anymore, it was replaced by query.lua and now returns JSON formatted data (see this article for details).
My script is now trying to auto-detect the new login scheme and uses the FritzOS 5 methods, if the Fritz firmware 4 ones do not work. This works so far for my 7570s (with xx.04.90/91) as well as the 7360 (with xx.06.01 already). Well, it should work at least until AVM decides to break external scripts again in in upcoming release … :(